Home > RGF > Resources > The Canadian Problem Gambling Index
The Canadian Problem Gambling Index
In the last 12 months how often have you
(or have for item 7):
- Bet more than you could really afford to lose?
- Needed to gamble with larger amounts of money to get the same feeling of excitement?
- Gone back another day to try and win back the money you lost?
- Borrowed money or sold anything to get money to gamble?
- Felt that you might have a problem with gambling?
- Felt that gambling has caused you health problems, including stress and anxiety?
- People criticized your betting or told you that you have a gambling problem, whether or not you thought it was true?
- Felt your gambling has caused financial problems for you or your household?
- Felt guilty about the way you gamble or what happens when you gamble?
0 = Never, 1 = Sometimes, 2 = Most of the time, 3 = Almost always.
Scores of 8 or more are deemed to indicate problem gambling.
(Ferris and Wynne, 2001)
Download a copy of The Canadian Problem Gambling Index.