Approved technical standards for NSW
Testing facilities use approved technical standards to evaluate gaming equipment prior to the equipment being considered for approval by the Independent Liquor and Gaming Authority
Approved technical standards have been developed for:
- gaming machines
- ticket-in / ticket-out
- in-venue jackpot systems
- the communication protocol that gaming equipment uses to communicate with the Central Monitoring System.
Contact OLGR's Gaming Technology Branch regarding the evaluation of gaming equipment that is not currently covered by the approved Technical Standards.
The following are the current NSW approved technical standards:
Gaming Machine National Standard
- Version 10.3 - Gaming Machine National Standard (433kb)
- Redline - Gaming Machine National Standard (30kb)
NSW Appendix to the National Standard
- Version 10.3 - NSW Appendix to the National Standard (95kb)
- Redline - NSW Appendix to the National Standard (21kb)
NSW Gaming Machine Communications Protocol
- Version 2.3 - NSW Gaming Machine Communications Protocol (372kb)
- Redline - NSW Gaming Machine Communications Protocol (24kb)
NSW Jackpot Technical Standard
NSW TITO Technical Standard
For further information about technical standards, contact:
Assistant Director Gaming Technology
Ph: (02) 9842 8134
OLGR maintains a register of current game-design harm minimisation issues. Read about the NSW Gaming Prohibited Features Register.