Home > Gaming > Information > Release of research reports
Release of research reports
Financial assistance for the following 12 projects was provided by the New South Wales Government from the Responsible Gambling Fund. The views expressed in the reports, however, are solely those of the authors.
- Prevalence of Gambling and Problem Gambling in NSW (PDF 1Mb) - A Community Survey 2006.
- Evaluation of the Impact of the Three Hour Shutdown of Gaming Machines, ACNielsen (PDF 490kb), this document is also available as a ZIP File (PDF 490kb) (this file is compressed in the .zip format and you will require a program such as Winzip or similar to extract the file).
- The Psychological Causes of Problem Gambling (PDF 580kb): A Longitudinal Study of At Risk Recreational EGM Players, Mark Dickerson, John Haw and Lee Shepherd, University of Western Sydney
- Testing of Harm Minimisation Messages for Gaming Machines (PDF 216kb), Consumer Contact
- The Economic Impact of Gambling, National Institute of Economic and Industry Research (PDF 808kb)
- Assessment of the Research on Technical Modifications to Electronic Gaming Machines in NSW (PDF 44kb), Australia, Centre for Gambling Studies, Auckland University
- An Assessment of Member Awareness, Perceived Adequacy and Perceived Effectiveness of Responsible Gambling Strategies in Sydney Clubs (PDF 642kb), Nerilee Hing, Southern Cross University
- Attention Deficit Disorder as a Risk Factor for Problem Gambling in Adolescents (PDF 296kb), University of Sydney
- Withdrawal and Tolerance Phenomenon in Problem Gambling (PDF 202kb), University of Sydney
- The Identification of Near Misses in Electronic Gaming Machines and its Effect on Gambling Behaviour (PDF 244kb), University of Sydney
- Comparing Changes in Erroneous Beliefs/Perceptions, Subjective Arousal and Heart Rate between Cognitive Therapy and Imaginal Desensitisation in the Treatment of Pathological Gambling (PDF 356kb), University of Sydney
- Explaining the Attraction of Poker Machines: Cognition or Conditioning? (PDF 200kb) University of Sydney