Smoke-free outdoor dining
How much could a night out cost you?
right to information
Print this page A | A | A

Home > RSA, RCG and Privacy courses and qualifications

RSA, RCG and Privacy courses and qualifications

Page last updated:
Friday, August 14, 2015

The following pages contain important information on the mandatory courses required to be undertaken as part of the NSW liquor and gaming machine laws.

Mandatory courses

  • Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA)
  • Responsible Conduct of Gambling (RCG), and
  • Privacy training - required for Kings Cross high risk venues (see below for details and link to training course)

There are specific requirements for each of the following groups:

  • Current training students, as well as staff working in licensed venues (this includes licensees, management, security and volunteers)
  • Venues, licensees and management of licensed venues
  • Organisations approved to provide training

Voluntary course

  • Privacy awareness training for use of ID scanners

    This free online privacy awareness course was developed for licensed venues voluntarily implementing ID scanners. Licensees and venue staff have a responsibility to ensure patron privacy is upheld. Completing a privacy course does not protect venue staff if they breach the privacy laws. Voluntary ID scanner operators should ensure they comply with Commonwealth privacy requirements as serious penalties can apply for breaches. Successfully completing this voluntary course will help ensure licensees and staff understand the importance of maintaining patron privacy and the Commonwealth's privacy laws.

The coloured buttons below go to information pages for the appropriate area. The links below the buttons will take you directly to the most commonly required information or forms.